What is COVID-19 Disease?
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) disease is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. SARS-CoV-2 (Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) is the main strain of coronavirus that causes COVID-19 disease. It was first identified in December 2019 in Wuhan, China. There is no special treatment or medicine available to get rid of COVID-19 disease.
How Coronavirus Spreads?
Coronavirus is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when a COVID-19 infected patient coughs, sneefzes, or exhales. You can get infection by breathing if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19. You can also get infection by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth.
Common Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
The symptoms of COVID-19 appear in around five days but incubation period may range from two to fourteen days.
- Light fever in the body from 3-4 days.
- Cold & cough.
- Fatigue in the body without any other disease.
- Problem in breathing.
- Loss of smell and taste.
Where and how COVID-19 Affect the Human Body?
- It mainly affects the person below age of 10 year or the age of above 65 years.
- Abrupt loss of kidney function that develops within 7 days.
- Respiratory failure characterized by rapid onset of widespread inflammation in the lungs.
Precautions to Prevent Infection of COVID-19
- Wash your hand frequently.
- Maintain physical distance from others.
- Recover from cold, cough and fever as soon as possible.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your face with clean mask (N95 Mask is recommend).
- Do not go out in public gatherings.
What you should do if you are COVID-19 infected?
There are no vaccines or any specific antiviral treatments available for COVID-19 according to World Health Organization (WHO). But there are some measures to get rid of coronavirus disease. First isolate yourself and do not meet other peoples. Eat healthy to strong your immune system. Take prescribed medicine for cold, cough and fever. Get supportive care from a certified doctor.